Asian Beef & Noodles




This recipe is something I grew up on. My mother is a retired HomeEc teacher. She taught 40+ years. I spent most of my childhood shopping for seven kitchens, helping organize the department pantry, and learning how to feed myself and others all from my mother's HomeEc room.

This recipe is fast and tasty. You can easily switch up the veggies (I like the corn, limas, peas, and carrots), the ramen flavor, and/or the protein. I think you could even sub tofu for the beef.

Ingredients
1 1/4 lbs ground beef (I use the extra lean so I don't have to drain the beef)
2 pkgs Soy Sauce flavor ramen (or beef flavor)
2 c frozen mixed veggies
1/4 t ground ginger
1 small bunch thinly sliced green onions (optional)
salt & pepper

Directions
Salt & pepper the ground beef. Mix in one seasoning packet from the ramen. Brown the beef until no longer pink. Drain the fat and return the beef to the skillet. Add 2 cups water, veggies, noodles (optional: gently break up the noodles), ginger, and second seasoning packet. Bring to full boil. Reduce heat. Cover. Simmer 3 minutes. If using green onions, add to the skillet. Mix well. Serves 4-8.


Comments