20-Minute Meatloaf



Growing up, I ate this at least once a week...maybe every other week. It's so good, comes together quickly, and is a snap to freeze for later.

Meatloaf ingredients
1.5 lbs ground beef (lean or extra-lean)
2 eggs
1 cup bread crumbs
2 T dried minced onion (don't get creative and think you should use fresh onion)
8 oz tomato sauce

Sauce ingredients
8 oz tomato sauce
2 T parsley flakes
2 T brown sugar
1 t Worcestershire Sauce

Directions
Preheat oven to 450F.
Line jelly roll pan (or a standard cookie sheet that has sides) with foil.
Combine ingredients for meatloaf in a large bowl.
Shape into 8 oval loaves and place on foil.
Bake for 15 minutes.
While loaves are baking, combine sauce ingredients.
After 15 minutes, spoon sauce over loaves.
Bake 5 more minutes.

Notes
  • Do not use raw onions. The point of the minced, dried onion is to keep the cooking time short. 
  • I have made this with all turkey, 1/2 turkey & beef, 1/3 beef, turkey, & pork. All work, leaner meat is better no matter the protein source.
  • I have also used lentils and brown rice (2 cups each).
  • Normally, I make a double recipe and freeze the loaves until I'm ready to cook them. Now that I have an air fryer, this works even better because I just pop a single loaf in the fryer and fry it at 450 for 10-12.

Comments