2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (an 8-ounce box isn't quite 2 cups)
4 tablespoons (1/2 stuck) butter, cut into pieces
2 1/2 cups (about 10 ounces) grated sharp Cheddar cheese
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
1 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a slow cooker, combine cheese, butter, eggs, sour cream, soup, milk, mustard and pepper and stir well.
- Set on high and cover.
- Boil the macaroni in a 2 quart saucepan in plenty of water (with salt) 5 minutes. You don't want al dente. Drain.
- Add drained macaroni to the slow cooker and stir again.
- Set the slow cooker on high setting and cook for 30 minutes, stirring once at 15 minutes.
- Turn the slow cooker off and let set 15-20 minutes if you want creamy sauce.
- Turn the slow cooker to low and cook 15-20 minutes if you want a "drier" sauce.
View the original recipe here.