- 1 Ready to serve 8-9" pie crust
- 16 oz Silken Tofu, drained
- 8-12 oz Semi- or Bitter-sweet Baking chocolate
- 1 T Vanilla
- After draining tofu, cut into pieces.
- Blend in food processor* until very smooth.
- Add vanilla. Blend again.
- Melt chocolate and add to tofu/vanilla mixture.
- Blend until completely mixed.** Mixture will have thickened some.
- Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Chill until firm -- about 1 hour.
*You can use a blender, but it's harder to get the mixture thoroughly incorporated.
**Start off with small amounts of chocolate if you don't want an ultra-rich pie. I used 12 oz and ended up cutting the entire thing into 12 slices because it was so rich. Also, I used all bitter-sweet chocolate, but think a combo of semi- and bitter- would make an excellent dessert. Something else I may try is a white chocolate pie. Then there's marbled pie...oh the potential this recipes has!!