Extra Virgin Light Tasting Olive Oil
White Balsamic Vinegar or lemon juice or Balsamic Vinegar
Here's how I normally build my salads:
- Take lettuce from fridge.
- Wash thoroughly.
- Dry with cloth towel.
- Set aside. (I don't like lettuce cold from the fridge. I like it to be crisp; but lightly chilled)
- Fix main course.
- While protein is resting -- because every meal I eat has some protein -- tear the lettuce into a big bowl.
- Top with some additional veg and/or fruit -- like bell pepper, olives, beets, etc and/or dried cherries, apple, pear, etc
- Top with nuts (sometimes).
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients in a small jar -- I have a leftover jelly jar that is the perfect size for this -- close with the lid.
- Shake the dickens out of the vinaigrette.
- Pour over the salad and toss.
Paleo Diet Lifestyle has an excellent list of vinaigrette recipes.
Delish has a ton of vinaigrette recipes.