No added sugar.
No starches (ixnay on the otatoespay).
Pastured (preferred) protein sources.
Healthy oils and fats (coconut, avocado, olive).
8+ hours of sleep in a dark room.
Some sun exposure.
Exercise (this should be mostly lifting heavy things and some running around; but I did all "running" around).
Monday will be the start of the fourth week in the challenge. I thought I'd post some of the recipes I've used for the last three weeks. Before that though, a little reflection:
- Within the first week (two to three days, actually) of ditching grains, dairy, and legumes, I was no longer getting out of bed stiff. I have also been able to sleep better because my back, hips, and knees do not ache.
- I lost five pounds the first week. I didn't lose anything the second. If my luck holds, I will show a two pound loss on Monday.
- I'm less hungry. Or maybe I'm recognizing hunger signals again.
- Paleo = cooking...unless you are ordering grilled meats, steamed/grilled veggies, and salads with lemon juice and no croutons and no cheese. Cooking is just easier for me. Less temptation. More focus on what I should be eating. Complete control over what goes in my body.
- Water is boring; but it does a body good.
Now the recipes! Happy cooking!