3 Golden Beets
4-6 C water
5 C Spring Mix Salad Greens
1 Fuji Apple, chopped
1/3 C Almonds, Slivered
2 t Avocado Oil
1 T White Balsamic Vinegar
- Thoroughly scrub beets clean under cold water.
- Place beets in a large pot of water, and boil until fork tender (about 45 minutes).
- Remove skin from beets, then chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Allow to cool before adding to the salad.
- Rinse and chop the Fuji apple.
- Toss spring mix greens with the apple and slivered almonds.
- Add in the cooked beet chunks.
- Drizzle salad with avocado oil and white balsamic vinegar, and serve.
The skin of the beets should easily peel off if cooked for the proper amount of time.
The original recipe can be found at the 30 Day Intro to Paleo Meal Plan.