This recipe is originally from Never Bashful with Butter which is now defunct.
3/4 cup butter (if dough is dry, add up to 1/4 cup more)
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon hazelnut or almond extract (optional)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups bacon bits **Be sure to use real bacon bits, not Bacos**
You can make your own bacon bits! 2 lbs bacon cooked crisp, drained well, and patted dry will make 2 cups bacon bits when chopped finely.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Beat together the butter, sugars, flavouring and eggs until creamy.
- In another bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and stir together.
- Dough will be slightly soft. If you want a cakier cookie, add another half cup of flour.
- Add in chocolate chips and bacon bits.
- Stir until well integrated.
- Place dough on a sheet of waxed paper and refrigerate at least an hour.
- Remove dough from fridge, pinch off 1 1/2 inch pieces of dough and roll into balls.
- Set dough balls about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten dough balls slightly with your fingers in the center.
- Bake cookies for about 10 minutes, or until the dough starts to turn golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on a cooling rack while you ready the glaze.
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon maple extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon (use less if desired)
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth -- no lumps!
- Spread a small amount of the glaze on the top of each cookie.
- Top with a small piece of crisp cooked bacon.