1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup diced onions
1 T Italian salad dressing base (Penzey spice)
1 T water
1 cup mayonnaise
2 T vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
8 slices bacon, crisply fried
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Combine the broccoli, raisins, and onion in a serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Italian Dressing base and water.
- Let stand 5 minutes and then add the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar and whisk to combine.
- Pour over the broccoli mix.
- Refrigerate 3-4 hours or longer (I recommend overnight) to soften the raw broccoli and blend the flavors. This can be made a day ahead.
- When ready to serve, crumble the bacon on top and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Shake on ground pepper.