This is a good recipe, but doesn't even come close to my standard waffle recipe: Heloise's Club Soda Waffles. Club Soda Waffles come out light, crisp, and the perfect vehicle for peanut butter and syrup. Yes. Peanut butter and syrup. Trust me on this one. It's fantastic on pancakes, too.
These KAF WW Waffles would be good with blueberries or maybe a little wheat germ or walnuts. I think you could change the flavor profile with applesauce or over ripe mashed bananas. Definitely worth a second try; but need to tweak it to bring out the full potential.
1 1/2 cups King Arthur 100% White Whole Wheat Flour or Premium Whole Wheat Flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups lukewarm milk
1/3 cup melted butter or vegetable oil
1) Preheat your iron while you make the waffle batter.
2) Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and butter or oil.
4) Mix together the wet and dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. The batter will be a bit lumpy; that's OK.
5) Cook the waffles as directed in the instructions that came with your waffle iron.
Yield: 3 1/2 round Belgian-style (deep-pocket) 7" waffles. I got 8 standard square waffles.