Ham Loaf

I have switched to Joy of Cooking for this recipe. I am going to type the recipe exactly as it appears in the book.

Ham Loaf

4 servings

Think of this as a ham sandwich in the form of a delicious savory meat loaf.

Place in a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground:
          2 cups diced ham
Add:
          1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
          2 eggs
          2 to 3 teaspoons prepared mustard, to taste

Pulse just until well mixed. Let staand for 10 to 30 minutes to blend the flavors. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan. Pack the ham mixture into the prepared pan. Bake until firm, about 30 minutes.


Ok, this is some seriously good crack food. It is actually perfect for my whacked out taste buds. Ham is also my most favorite kind of pig.

I can totally see me smearing this on toast in the morning. *drools*

FYI, Joy of Cooking is a FANtabulous cookbook. Everyone should own it. There aren't fancy shmancy pictures. The writing is pared (ha ha) down to the absolute essentials. There is a wealth of knowledge. If it's the ONLY cookbook you have, you will never regret it.

Comments