Watermelon and Tomato Salad

Written as is, I think the recipe lacks something -- although, I used balsamic vinegar and not sherry vinegar. My neighbor suggested more acid. I could try a sharper balsamic or a different vinegar all together. What I did do was use the quick preserved lemons from the other day and that TOTALLY made the salad.

Worth another try; and worth a play. I'd try mint in this the next time. From: The Minimalist

2 1/2 cups seedless watermelon, in 1-inch cubes or balls (cut over a bowl to catch the juice and reserve it)
1 1/2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 cup finely diced or crumbled Stilton, Gorgonzola, Roquefort or Maytag blue cheese
1/2 cup minced scallions
Salt
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
Pinch cayenne
1/2 cup cilantro or parsley, roughly chopped.

1. Combine the watermelon, tomato, cheese, scallions and salt in a bowl.

2. Whisk or blend together about 2 tablespoons of the watermelon juice, oil, vinegar and cayenne. To serve, dress the salad with this mixture and garnish with cilantro. Do not refrigerate and serve within 30 minutes.

Yield: 4 servings.

Comments