Mango Sorbet

Probably the best sorbet I've made to date. If I made the pineapple sorbet again, I would follow this recipe instead of using fresh pineapple. Using frozen fruit made a HUGE difference in how quickly the sorbet set up and minimizing aeration.

2 16 oz packages frozen mango chunks
juice of 1 lemon
1 c sugar

Puree all ingredients.
Chill to 40°F.
Pour into ice cream maker. Freeze following equipment instructions.

If you do not have an ice cream maker, don't despair! Puree the ingredients and pour into shallow dish. Set in freezer for 45 minutes. Take out and stir vigorously. Return to freezer. Check every 30 minutes and stir vigorously each time for 2-3 hours.

Update: I tried this with frozen pineapple chunks. Meh. Still not happy with the texture. It will be vanilla sorbet (or sherbet) with pineapple chunks from now on...if I want to eat it.

Technorati: | | | | |

Comments