by Dorie Greenspan
in Baking: From my home to yours
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup strong coffee, cooled
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled (1 stick)
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Position oven rack to middle. Preheat oven to 400°. Prep the muffin pan with liners and/or spray/butter.
2. In large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Whisk thoroughly breaking up any lumps.
3. In large liquid measuring cup, combine wet ingredients.
4. Add wet to dry. Combine only until dry ingredients are incorporated. Do not over mix.
5. Evenly divide batter between muffin cups.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Technorati: coffee | muffin | coffee break muffins | dorie greenspan | recipe | food |