This comes from WW: Take Out Tonight Cookbook
1 1/3 cups All Purpose Flour
2/3 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons butter, diced small
1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
2 teaspoons orange zest
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup fat-free buttermilk
1 teaspoon powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375. Line baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
2. Combine flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl.
3. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
4. Add cranberries and zest. Stir with fork.
5. Add egg and buttermilk. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
6. Gather dough into ball. Place on lined baking sheet and pat into 7-inch diameter disc.
7. Cut into 10 wedges. Do not separate wedges.
8. Bake until golden and toothpick comes away clean, about 20 minutes.
9. Transfer to cooling rack. Sift top with powdered sugar. Cut wedges with knife.
NOTES: I added 1/4 cup more cranberries.
POINTS: 3 (1/4 cup cranberries)
POINTS: 3.5 (1/2 cup cranberries)
Technorati: Whole Wheat Cranberry Scone | scone | cranberry | whole wheat | food | recipe |