CellentaniWeight Watchers: Take Five Cookbook
8 large shitake mushrooms (6 ounces), stemmed and thinly sliced
10-oz bag frozen peas, thawed
1/2 cup dry vermouth
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup instant polenta
3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat.
2. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the peas and cook 1 minute.
4. Add the vermouth, bring to boil, and cook until it reduces slightly, about 1 minute.
5. Stir in the pepper and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Make the polenta
6. Combine the water and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan and bring to boil.
7. Stirring constantly, gradually and steadily add the polenta.
8. Reduce the heat and cook, stirring until thick but not stiff, 5 minutes.
9. Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan.
10. Divide the polenta into 4 servings.
11. Top with vegetables. Serve.
NOTES: Quick shortcut -- premade polenta. I found some at Trader Joes, sliced it, warmed it in a skillet, and topped it with the vegetables.
POINTS (per serving): 5
Technorati: polenta with vegetables | polenta | vegetables | mushrooms | food | recipe