This comes from America's Test Kitchen.
4 T unsalted butter
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast -- sliced into 1/4 inch slices
1 can artichoke hearts in brine, drained and patted dry
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 t all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups chicken broth
1 cup Parmesan, grated
3 T lemon juice
1/4 cup finely minced parsley
1/2 lb bowtie pasta
salt and pepper
1. Boil water for pasta.
2. In skillet, melt 1 T butter. Cook chicken in single layer for 2 minutes without stirring. Then stir and cook until no longer pink. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3. Lower heat to medium. Melt another tablespoon of butter. Cook artichokes until lightly brown. Add minced garlic. Cook for 30 seconds. Add flour. Cook for 30 seconds. Add broth and simmer until slightly thickened.
4. Add butter (2 T), parmesan, lemon juice, and chicken to sauce. Cook about 1 minute.
5. As sauce is cooking, boil pasta in water -- remember to add salt. Drain pasta. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
6. Add parsley to sauce. Toss with pasta. Moisten with reserved water as needed.
YIELD: 4 servings
POINTS: 10 (per serving of sauce) / 4 (per 1 cup of bowtie pasta)
NOTES: I made double the pasta, left out the parmesan, and split the chicken 'n' sauce into 8 1/4 cup servings. This makes a 3 POINT topping. Bowtie pasta is still 4 POINTS for 1 cup. *grins*
As a treat for my co-workers, I made Ree's Delicious Chocolate Pie (from The Pioneer Woman Cooks). It's sitting in my fridge right now. I've already licked the bowl and the spatula clean. The only reason I tried this is that I found pasteurized eggs. I'm not confident in the general egg population.
Technorati: Pasta with Chicken and Artichokes | pasta | chicken | artichoke | Ree | delicious chocolate pie | chocolate | pie | Pioneer Woman Cooks | Pioneer Woman | food | recipe |