This comes from America's Test Kitchen
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon hot sauce
12 ounces beer
4 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
2 pounds extra-large shell-on shrimp (get EZ-Peel if you can, trust me)
1. Heat butter and garlic in Dutch oven over medium heat until sizzling and fragrant, about 4 minutes.
2. Pour garlic butter into serving bowl and stir in lemon juice and hot sauce. Cover and keep warm.
3. Fit Dutch oven with steamer basket, add beer, bring to boil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle Old Bay over shrimp and transfer to steamer basket.
4. Cover and steam until shrimp are cooked, about 4 to 6 minutes.
5. Transfer to serving platter. Serve with warm garlic butter for dipping.
NOTES: Garlic butter is for sissies. Chill the shrimp. Buy some red sauce (a.ka. cocktail sauce) or if you're so inclined, make it. Throw it all on the butcher paper-covered table. Shrimp is 4 POINTS per 1/2 pound.
Technorati: beer steamed shrimp | shrimp | seafood | food | recipe |