This is a bread-in-a-jar recipe. It yields 7 1-cup "loaves." Normally, I can break this into 2 bread loaf pans and 6 regular sized muffins.
2 2/3 cups Sugar
2/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups four
1/2 tsp ginger
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups mashed ripe bananas
2/3 cups nuts (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 325.
1. In large bowl, cream sugar and shortening.
2. Add eggs and mix well.
3. Add buttermilk and vanilla and mix well.
4. Place dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well.
5. Add dry and creamed mixtures. Mix until wet.
6. Fold in mashed bananas and nuts.
7. Pour 3 cups into greased loaf pan(s).
8. Pour remaining into muffin cups.
9. Bake for 45 minutes, or inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Technorati: Banana Nut Bread |banana | nut | bread | food | recipe |